Today’s author spotlight illuminates Georgina Hannan and her YA Horror/romance novel Cursed. Sure to make chills run up and down your spine, her novel has no werewolves or vampires, but is where myth and reality collide!!
A young adult story about a group of four friends who embark on a holiday together to the gorgeous countryside of Dartmoor, Devon, each of them hoping for an adventure, something they will always remember. However it isn’t long before they get what they want.
The group are plagued by noises after hearing the myths and legends of the area. Is it just their overactive imaginations or is there a visitor in the spare room who is trying to get their attention?
Join the group on a spectacular journey as they discover what Dartmoor has to offer.
Available in paperback for £6.99 at the following links:
Fast-Print.net link: http://www.fast-print.net/bookshop/1247/Cursed
Author Bio: Where to start! I live in Surrey, England, I work full-time for an I.T company, and am currently a Project Coordinator. I started writing when I was fourteen. Before I started Secondary School, I struggled with reading. It was when I was about eleven or twelve that I started going to the library and I found the books which interested me. Since then I’ve become a reader and a writer and my English is better than ever. I love writing and hope it can be something I can continue to do as my life goes on.
Connect with Georgina:
Facebook Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cursed-Series-Book-1-Cursed/295055813914904
Facebook Personal Page: http://www.facebook.com/authorgeorgina.hannan?ref=tn_tnmn
1. What is your book about? It’s a young adult book about a group of four friends who have their first trip away together and gain first hand experience with the myths of the area.
2. How did you come up with the idea for your book? I took a trip to Dartmoor for the day and I loved it and since then the idea was brewing.
3. What makes your book different than others in your genre? I’m new, fresh and learning. Plus it’s not vampires or werewolves!
4. Who is your favorite writer? Why? Ooh that is tough, I love Lauren Kate because her Fallen books have gripped me and I love the idea that love can last forever, life after life. I Also, like Karen Mahoney, her Iron Witch books are different to what I’ve read before and I love her new ideas.
5. Is your writing style similar to any well-known writers? If so, which one(s)? Not that I am aware of as I am just starting out.
6. Who is your Muse? My muse is possibly my boyfriend. He is a great person to throw ideas around with.
7. Does your main character resemble anyone in your family or circle of friends? Yes, my main character was actually based on myself!
8. How long did it take you to write your book? Well I started it in 2010 and it took a few months. I put it down for a year and then gave it a huge overhaul at the beginning of 2012 and it was released in Jan 2013. So 2 years in a sense, but in practice about 6 months to 1 year.
9. What are some writing goals for the future? I am writing Book 2 – Obsession now so my goal is to have it finished and edited by the end of the year!
10. What was the most difficult thing you have learned being a writer? How to edit! It is a long and arduous task but is rather rewarding.