I haven’t done an update on my book marketing tools, efforts, and new promotional finds. I have found a few new things and will be using one shortly, so I will be able to tell you how it worked out!
First, I want to talk about ebookdiscovery.com. I found the site on Twitter and checked it out. I think this will be a good resource for me! Here are some of the features:
- Read and Review Club: I submitted my book to this feature. And I was accepted! I provided an .epub version of The Gemstone Chronicles Book One: The Carnelian and ebookdiscovery will offer it to up to 50 of their readers. The readers can submit the review to any of the major ebook retailers within a couple of weeks of the offering. My offering will be July 14, so I should start seeing reviews in early August. I will let everyone know how it goes.
- Current eBook Discovery Deals: Highlights free and bargain books
- Subscription: emails come to your inbox with the latest deals
- An ebook recommendation opportunity
- Opportunity to become an ebookdiscovery.com reviewer
Check out ebookdiscovery.com! It might be just the things for authors who are looking for reviews or for readers who want to become reviewers!
Another new site to visit and check out is The Books Machine. This is not a free site, but they advertise offering up your book to thousands of potential readers for a pretty low price. This is how it works:
- Register your book with the site and select your program
- The author decides who gets the free review copies
- The author must offer at least 5 copies per month, but if the author has multiple books, a combination of the books is acceptable
- The reader has to contact the author and give a reason why they would be a good reviewer
- Each reader has a star rating and the author gets to rate their reviewers
- The reviewer generally has 30 days to post their review
- The cost is $10/month, but there are discounts for longer term commitments
I haven’t tried The Books Machine, but I’m thinking it might be a nice way to pick up some reviews. After my ebookdiscovery.com run, I might give it a one month trial and see what happens!
That’s my latest update on the book marketing tools, efforts, and promotional opportunities I am currently working on for The Gemstone Chronicles. Except for one other thing I am contemplating. I think I might have a version of my bookmark turned into a magnet to attach to the tailgate of my truck and see what happens. I live in the Atlanta suburbs and my truck is seen by hundreds of drivers each day, so perhaps a reader will check it the books after seeing the information on the magnet. Here is the magnet:
What do you think?
Connect with me:
What new promotional and marketing opportunities have you found? What works for you? Leave me a comment and let me know. If you want to connect with me, I can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Goodreads, or you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!